We are still working on the bathroom. We had so many issues that it's taking a lot longer than expected. DIY is certainly interesting. The total cost for everything was about $1700.00.
We gutted right down to the studs. The insulation on the exterior wall had to be replaced due to mold. The entire plumbing system had to be replace including the um anti-gravity plumbing coming from the kitchen. Limey also did a little wiring as well as moving the toilet next to the tub.
Here's the original bathroom again.
The gutted room. At some point in the past, a previous owner moved the door back to encompass the linen closet in the bathroom. They left the original door frame in. We removed the frame and the closet and all the faked out walls to make the room a little bigger.
We put Aqua drywall in the tub area and regular drywall for the rest. The tub surround was pretty finicky but we did eventually get it to stick. The flooring which I didn't like before appears quite a bit darker in the room and is very close to my original pic. I'm very happy with it.
Again because mdf beadboard panels are no longer available in Canada we had to go with the pine stuff. I'm actually glad we did. Although more expensive it looks a lot nicer.
I was up until midnight painting the paneling with a brush. I don't fancy doing that again.
Almost done now. This is the vanity Limey made out of our old bed. It still needs knobs, counter top and sink. We took back the green sink and ordered my original pick. It should be in late next week (hopefully). We have to wait until then before Limey can pour the concrete counter top. The ceiling is being worked on as we speak.
I'll post new photos as soon as the bathroom is complete.