Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bathroom Reno Update

We are still working on the bathroom. We had so many issues that it's taking a lot longer than expected. DIY is certainly interesting. The total cost for everything was about $1700.00.

We gutted right down to the studs. The insulation on the exterior wall had to be replaced due to mold. The entire plumbing system had to be replace including the um anti-gravity plumbing coming from the kitchen. Limey also did a little wiring as well as moving the toilet next to the tub.

Here's the original bathroom again.
















The gutted room. At some point in the past, a previous owner moved the door back to encompass the linen closet in the bathroom. They left the original door frame in. We removed the frame and the closet and all the faked out walls to make the room a little bigger.





















We put Aqua drywall in the tub area and regular drywall for the rest. The tub surround was pretty finicky but we did eventually get it to stick. The flooring which I didn't like before appears quite a bit darker in the room and is very close to my original pic. I'm very happy with it.





















Again because mdf beadboard panels are no longer available in Canada we had to go with the pine stuff. I'm actually glad we did. Although more expensive it looks a lot nicer.





















I was up until midnight painting the paneling with a brush. I don't fancy doing that again.





















Almost done now. This is the vanity Limey made out of our old bed. It still needs knobs, counter top and sink. We took back the green sink and ordered my original pick. It should be in late next week (hopefully). We have to wait until then before Limey can pour the concrete counter top. The ceiling is being worked on as we speak.





















I'll post new photos as soon as the bathroom is complete.

18 comments:

  1. Found you from Pioneer Woman. You are doing a great job on your bathroom. It looks awesome! We recently had our bathrooms remodeled...well, mostly....we need to paint and and hang new lights, still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah....I forgot to say, our old tub, sink, and toilet were the same color as your old tub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour eh? It didn't matter how much we scrubbed it still looked dirty. It's now in pieces in my front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even after we smashed the cast iron into pieces, it was still a bugger to carry out... I wonder if someone will take it for recycling???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you via MDC. It looks fantastic! How long did this take?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure why but this web site is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.


    Feel free to visit my webpage; abbooks.info

    ReplyDelete
  7. The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a
    30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this
    is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!


    Feel free to visit my webpage :: oil furnace troubleshooting
    Also see my page - gas furnace evolution system plus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy superb website! Does running a blog such as this require a lot of work?
    I have absolutely no knowledge of programming however I had
    been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, should you have any ideas or tips for
    new blog owners please share. I understand this is off
    subject but I simply had to ask. Thank you!

    Here is my blog - furnace brands air conditioning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog
    with my zynga group? There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

    Here is my web page - furnace blower motor troubleshooting
    Also see my webpage: furnace troubleshooting flowchart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but
    I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this
    site? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Feel free to surf to my website - women's
    gymnastics clothing

    ReplyDelete
  11. At this time it seems like Expression Engine is the preferred blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I've read) Is that what you're using
    on your blog?

    Check out my blog post dance shoes online usa
    My website :: athletic shoe industry statistics

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! This is my first visit to your blog!
    We are a collection of volunteers and starting
    a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog
    provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!


    Also visit my web blog: weekly vacation rentals in myrtle beach sc

    ReplyDelete
  13. Howdy admin, I just wanted to give you a quick heads up that your current
    Domain name: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=661784533905116154&postID=7035965514480457976 is being flagged as a potentially malicious web site in my web browser
    internet explorer. I'd highly recommend having somebody look into it. You could certainly lose a lot of visitors due to this kind of issue. Very best of Luck.

    Check out my website ... vacation rental by owner florida keys

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to
    give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Great blog and wonderful design.

    My web-site high tech pharmaceuticals dianabol

    ReplyDelete
  15. We stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to exploring your web page yet again.

    Review my homepage ... memory card chart sandisk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A few of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

    Here is my web-site maytag refrigerator repair san diego

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?

    I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    my blog davis california

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo
    News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Cheers

    my web site: kitchen remodel budget template

    ReplyDelete