Monday, November 3, 2008

Christmas Planning

I love Christmas. It is my favourite time of the year. I love the snow, Starbucks caramel apple cider, sparkly decorations, Christmas carols and everything else about the season.

It is becoming even more fun now that I have two daughters to share the excitement with.

I have some crafts planned for this month, some are gifts others are decorations. I'll post them as they get made.

One thing on my list is an advent calendar. I searched the internet for ideas and eventually decided on making one out of envelopes like the one here.

I ordered the mini wooden clothespins from Etsy. While I wait for them to arrive I'll need to acquire some paper to make the envelopes from.

In each envelope I'll put a note with a holiday related activity on it to do each day leading up to Christmas. I hope to make this a yearly tradition.

What's on your Christmas to do list?

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post, but can't think of any Christmas to dos other than do a better job baby proofing, as our grandson will be 10 months old tomorrow, and is getting around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know all about baby proofing. My youngest just started crawling last month and she's all over the place getting into stuff. I anticipate that my Christmas tree is going to have it rough this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've only JUST started to think about Christmas, but wanted to say that I LOVE that bottom photo that you posted. It just warms my heart, for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me wish I had a fireplace.

    ReplyDelete