Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Living Room Complete! Well mostly.

We ran out of wood. So there is some trim to do an end table to build and the coffee table to refinish. We also need to fix the door as there is a rather cold breeze coming through it. Oh and of course there is the actual organizing to do, junk to sort, photos to organize, toys to hide.

As is I'm extremely pleased. This house is finally starting to feel like a home now. Before the room was stark and unfriendly and now it's warm and cozy.

Here's the before. We painted the walls and refinished the hardwood (which was covered in shag carpet) when we moved in.






















Here's the after.

The wallpaper wasn't in the plan but when I saw it I had to have it. It really completes the room.





























Lots of space to fill with books.






















Still to organize. The media section. I'm on the lookout for pretty boxes and baskets.






















As soon as I can find them, I'll add some cushions to this couch. The paintings need hanging and I'm unsure of what to put on the table that will be decorative but won't block the paintings. Also need a more substantial lamp on the computer stand.






















I can't wait to finish the rest of the main floor. We still have the 2 bedrooms, dining room, kitchen and foyer to complete.

Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post offers clear idea in support of the new users of
    blogging, that in fact how to do blogging and site-building.


    My website where buy auravie skin care

    ReplyDelete