Thursday, August 5, 2010

Damn Insurance Companies

In order to get insurance on the house we had to agree to replace the oil tank in the basement.  I think it was about 14 years old.  Which meant paying someone to remove it, replace it with a new one and refill it.  It cost us a small fortune.

I have a feeling they are also going to take issue with the wood stove in the kitchen, despite the fact that they have been insuring it for the past 5 or so years with the previous owners.  We'll see what they say when they come inspect it.

I sorted out the newborn clothes and cloth diapers today.  I need to hook up the printer so I can print out a birth plan.  Essentially it's going to say "don't come near me or I'll kick your ass".   Yeah, it's going to be an interesting birth to say the least.

Limey started making built in bookcases for the living room.  Pretty similar to ones from the previous house.  Hopefully it'll be done by tonight.  He also picked up some shelving for the pantry, bathroom and bedroom closet.
I miss my bookshelves.



What else...I ordered the last books I need for dd1's curriculum this year.  I have to make a list of supplies (science and history) to pick up next time I'm near the educational toy store.  Also have to send in a registration form to the government registering her as a homeschooler.  In Ontario, you don't have to do anything.  Here you have to send in a form stating the curriculum you are using, or if you unschool, a vague generalization of your plans.  At the end of the year you send in another form stating what the child has learned.  Seems a little pointless to me but whatever. 

That's about it for now.  Hoping to go in to labor soon.  My back is killing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment