Sunday, August 15, 2010

Juicy, Juicy

Omg.  Local sun warmed peaches are a revelation. 

I avoid buying peaches from the grocery store for three reasons;

1. They are expensive

2. They are always hard

3. They are inevitably tasteless

This is the first time I've lived somewhere that was warm enough for local peaches.  They were inexpensive, sweet and juicy.  We originally only bought a carton but once we got into the van and tried them, we realized they wouldn't make it home.  Limey went back and bought 3 more cartons.  I think we ate about a dozen before I took this pic.

1 comment:

  1. When we were in the Valley visiting (and house hunting!!), we, too, were floored to find LOCAL peaches!!! And cherries!! Have you discovered the CSAs yet? I plan on joining two as soon as we get down there... Noggins has a fruit CSA, and Taproot Farms has an organic veggie CSA. I can hardly wait!!

    ReplyDelete