Friday, September 10, 2010

The Big City

We finally got around to driving down to Halifax.  I have to say, I was less than impressed.  Maybe it's because I compare all cities to Ottawa but it just wasn't very nice there.  We did find some decent shopping areas but it wasn't enough to make me like the city.

Here's the only picture I managed to take in Halifax.


What can I say, it was foggy.

Despite an endless road of big box stores, we didn't end up buying much of anything. Apparently home decor colours are seasonal because I could find nothing in blue. Lots of gold, red and orange, but no blue. We did buy some rubber boots, a bagful of clothes from Value Village and other boring items.

We were about to call the day a bust and go home when Limey spotted a yellow sign in the distance.

I jumped for joy when he asked me what Lee Valley was.

The purchase that followed made the entire day worthwhile.


Oooh a garden seeder! Just plop the seeds in and push...while standing up! This should cut planting time down a lot. If only they had a high wheel cultivator, my life would be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment