Friday, October 22, 2010

Identification Please

What the hell is this?

Obviously it's a lizard, but what kind of lizard?  Is it native to Nova Scotia or is it someone's lost pet?  I found it in the grass next to the driveway.  Should we dissect it as a gross science project?  Ugh I remember when one of the science classes in highschool dissected a cat.  The entire place reeked.  I tried to get out of the various dissection projects in my class (worm, fish and frog) but my grumpy Einstein look-a-like teacher wouldn't let me opt out.  My chem teacher on the other hand was awesome.  It was hard not to laugh in his class, although that was primarily because he punctuated every spoken sentence with the word "is".

But I digress, can someone identify this lizard...is. 

Seriously it was like his personal version of "eh".  Bizarre huh?

8 comments:

  1. Just a salamander! I googled salamander with yellow spots and this is what ca http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mnh/nature/salamand/yspot.htmme up:

    Hope this helps!!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. drats, and I had the answer this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I use to collect these when I was a kid at our cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like EEEEEEEW! is all I have to say not the prettiest looking lizzie in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these lil guys! I used to play with 'em as a kid. Poor things probably didn't enjoy it as much as I did though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the wonderful province of NS, and thanks for leaving the nice note on my blog. As others assured you, this is just a li'l ole yellow-spotted salamander. It's good that you have these. Seriously. Same with frogs, toads, etc--means you have a healthy environment around you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for leaving a comment.
    Just a salamander?
    Too bad he is dead, love the little critters:)
    - Cheers from Guildwood,(Toronto)
    Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are ideal if you're blogging has moved generally into most every arena of organizational living.

    Also visit my webpage - click here

    ReplyDelete