Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Minimalist Christmas

I've scaled the decorations back a lot this year.  I think it's because I only have two finished rooms to decorate and they are so pretty as to not require a lot of embellishment.

Aside from the baby's stocking, I didn't by anything new this year.

Running out of room.

Jar, ribbon, epsom salt, candle.

Pine cones stolen from last year's wreath.





We're getting a real tree for the first time ever this year.  How soon can I get one?  I know if we cut one down we can get it sooner (cuz it's fresher), but the nearest farm is an hour away.  So how long will one last that I buy from the grocery store?

4 comments:

  1. STOP! We have some very pretty Christmas trees on our property that are going to be cut down to clear pasture. We were going to cut them and sell them for 15-20 a piece but if you want you can come cut one yourself. Just let us know and we'll put our dogs inside so you don't go and swell up or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'll give you a shout when we're ready. Probably around the 3rd.

    Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice:) You are going to love having a real tree,they smell so nice....a little messy come January,LOL The tree and Christmas dinner have always been my favourite things about the season.This year we'll have two grandchildren in the mix,it's going to be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas decorations! They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete