Monday, November 15, 2010

Shopping on Kijiji

I really love Kijiji (like Craigslist).  It's especially awesome for finding inexpensive and unique items if you're furniture budget is very small. 

Like this for example.


It's an unfinished solid pine writing desk. Never used. $100. If I didn't use my Mac for watching movies I'd use this as a computer desk. Instead I'll be using it as a sewing machine table. Because as much as I love the treadle, I still need my electric machine.

If the kids go to bed with minimal fuss tonight, I'm going to sand and stain it  so I can post a picture tomorrow.

What do you think of my find?

8 comments:

  1. How is it like a raven?

    Very nice desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I haven't the slightest idea."



    I just read Alice for the first time a couple of months ago, funny that I actually remembered that joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, soooo jealous. How come I didn't see that? lol. I just bought a bookshelf today from Kijiji, and 2 weeks ago we bought a solid oak bedroom set. I'm such a Kijiji addict - I love finding things on there and getting a great deal! Nice job! Can't wait to see it stained - although I'm really partial to natural pine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome piece,I too look forward to seeing it stained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I think that it's an unhealthy addiction for Limette! It's costing a small fortune driving all over the place picking up chickens, treadles, desks, goats, etc...

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. limette: congrats -- a brilliant find.
    limey: bitch bitch crab crab just get a life, willya? (oh. i forgot: you already have one -- a wonderful one, from the sounds of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Limette, love the paint job on your desk - what a transformation. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! Paint Me White commented on our blog!! :P Awsome!!

    Anonymous: Is that June's tone of voice I hear???

    ReplyDelete