Saturday, January 15, 2011

Incubation Day 14

Not long now until lockdown.  We have a visitor coming up on Friday so our fingers are crossed that we get to show off our new babies when he arrives.


 
Sorry about the quality.  It is so hard to get a decent photo.  We can see the chicks moving around in the white eggs.  The brown eggs are almost impossible to see through.  The next hatch isn't going to be as fun (no white eggs).

Only a couple of the eggs are brown.  I'm crossing my fingers that I get a blue Australorp hen out of them.

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to candle brown eggs and mine were all brown.I would say your havo incubator is working just fine:) I can't wait to see some pictures of your new chicks!! I got 4 australorp hens out of my last hatch.I marked her eggs so I would know which ones were hers.I lost one this week.....don't know what happened to her:(They are almost five months' old!By the end of the week you should be able to hear them peeping if you hold them up to your ear......it's so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that is a pretty cool picture. Wasn't sure at first what you were showing until I read. Good luck with the out come.

    ReplyDelete