We did the same thing with this floor as we did in the dining room. Plywood is cut into planks and nailed to the subfloor. It cost a grand total of $40. This batch of plywood was really nice and you could just give it a sealing coat and be done. But I wanted a dark in floor in there so I stained it the same grey as the dining room table.
I apologize for the photo quality. My camera obviously hates the new room. I couldn't even get it to take a shot until I switched to manual focus and then the photos just wouldn't come out nice.
|Yes, we touched up the nail holes.|
Limey did a decorative plastering thing with the ceiling to cover up the horrible bumpiness of the old plaster. It turned out pretty good.
I decided to go with red for the accent colour but that might change by the time the room is ready for furniture and decor. The room as is, is a major improvement. The air is cleaner and it's not as cold now that the window frame has been sealed up.
So that's the living room, dining room and den done. The foyer, mudroom, bathroom, kitchen, pantry and sunroom are still left to do on the main floor. Three bedrooms and the addition of a new bathroom are left to do upstairs. I think I'm going to do the pantry next.