Thursday, February 24, 2011

Future Den; The Aftermath

So the den/guest room is as done as it's going to get at the moment.  The total cost for reno was around $200.

We did the same thing with this floor as we did in the dining room.  Plywood is cut into planks and nailed to the subfloor.  It cost a grand total of $40.  This batch of plywood was really nice and you could just give it a sealing coat and be done.  But I wanted a dark in floor in there so I stained it the same grey as the dining room table.


I apologize for the photo quality. My camera obviously hates the new room. I couldn't even get it to take a shot until I switched to manual focus and then the photos just wouldn't come out nice.

Yes, we touched up the nail holes.


Limey did a decorative plastering thing with the ceiling to cover up the horrible bumpiness of the old plaster.  It turned out pretty good.

I decided to go with red for the accent colour but that might change by the time the room is ready for furniture and decor.  The room as is, is a major improvement.  The air is cleaner and it's not as cold now that the window frame has been sealed up. 

So that's the living room, dining room and den done.  The foyer, mudroom, bathroom, kitchen, pantry and sunroom are still left to do on the main floor.  Three bedrooms and the addition of a new bathroom are left to do upstairs.  I think I'm going to do the pantry next. 

5 comments:

  1. I like the idea of your floor,it looks like wide hardwood.
    We have been debating on a porch floor that will not be to cold and can't be damaged by my big dogs,I might have to do this!
    The room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plywood is call Miranti (or something like that) It is only 1/4" thick so you have to have a reasonably solid subfloor to nail to.

    Goes down very easy and has an authentic farmhouse look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your plywood floor, it looks much nicer than the icky laminate we have. Where did you get the plywood?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home Hardware.

    We have laminate in the living room and I hate it. Because the floors aren't level, the laminate is super bouncy. Drives me nuts. When all the rest of the renos are done I'm ripping that laminate out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That came together really nice,I like the floor and the colour.

    ReplyDelete