Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Great Bunny Rescue

Wonder pets, wonder pets we're on our way, to help a baby bunny and save the day.

Comatose

A day after Limey found a bunnysicle in the rabbit hutch, our negligent rabbit mom, Donna, let another one of her helpless babies get into the cage where it sat shivering until I found it.  He seemed okay when I picked him up but when added back to the nest with his siblings he keeled over, dead.

I raced him back to the house where Limey performed bunny cpr and mouth to mouth.  Soon his lower lip started twitching to indicate that he was back in the land of the living.  I sat down next to the fire and rubbed him to warm his cold little body back to a decent temperature.  It didn't take long before he came out of his bunny coma and was snuggling up to my neck. 

I gave Donna a stern talking to and put her baby back in the hutch. Limey added a second baby buffer to keep them out of the run.  Two days later, all the babies have opened their eyes and are jumping around on their own, so hopefully no more rescues will be required.

Go Wonder Pets yay!

5 comments:

  1. Are the rabbits pets or are they for eating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you want to know the answer to that Phebe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing story!! Yay bunny!! Yay Limette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol pretty sure all the animals are meant for one thing :) mmmmmm yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually more upset about the pig being eaten than the rabbits, since I had a pet pig as a kid. If I've followed you this far, I can handle the rabbit eating :-)

    ReplyDelete