Sunday, March 20, 2011

As Promised

Story first, pics after.

This morning Limey was out in the barn wondering if he should tell me about the dead baby bunny he found. He kept hearing a noise that he thought was a bird. It was loud and kept going on and on so he went outside to see what it was. He walked up to the goat paddock where it got louder. He had no idea what it was until he caught a glimpse of something small and black stumbling into the goat house. He made a mad dash into the house and barely managed to squeak out something about baby goats.

Robin had two babies, both girls. We had to work a bit to get her to nurse them but eventually she came around. They are the most adorable babies ever. Limey keeps sneaking outside to snuggle with them. We can't get too attached though as we'll be selling them in 6 weeks.

Anybody want a cute little doeling?







10 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I too am animal lover and want a simple life....These are just too sweet
    for words...Blessings to you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last picture!
    How come you have to sell them? they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have been checking out your blog and these new additions are so cute..do you have to sell them? We just got two pregnant Ewes this spring and they both had twins so there has been lots of excitment here as well..and much fencing to do;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't HAVE to sell them! But I guess the whole point of our new farming life is to be self-sustainable and the better way to achieve that would be to sell the goats and generate some revenue as apposed to keeping them and creating more expense!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuter than yesterday if that is possible,I love the last picture:)Such sweet little faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah as cute as they are, pet goats are definitely not in the budget. Same reason we don't have horses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are SO sweet! I have plans to get a couple of goats and have a go at goat's milk soapmaking (and cheese, and everything else) in a few years when we've found our perfect little homestead. (Maybe we'll get them from you!) They are gorgeous. Thanks for stopping over at my blog - I especially love finding semi-local like-minded folks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get your new chickens? I want some barred rocks, buffs, and some runner ducks. I have a feeling I'm a bird person and will end up with more chickens and ducks than I know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherrie; I also want to try making goat milk soap but cheese-making will take priority at the moment.

    Lola; got them from a couple on Kijiji. They were downsizing. I haven't been able to find buffs nearby. I'm ordering mine from a place in Chester Basin. Pat in Wilmot hatches out barred rocks occasionally and he also posts on Kijiji.

    ReplyDelete