Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Diego Party Part 1

We planned a Diego/jungle type party for Dd2's birthday.  The planning was extremely last minute and the weather didn't exactly cooperate but it was fun nevertheless.

There are lots of pics so they will be divided between two posts.  The first post will be the stuff, the second the people.

Unsurprisingly most of my purchases were from Ebay because I can never find anything I want locally. 

The plan was to set up various activities around the property for the kids to do.  Once completed they would get a stamp in their passport.  Limey picked up hats  and binoculars for the kids and they carried their passports in backpacks.  We set up several tents for playing in.

A little Photoshop magic and...
Voila! A passport.

Cakewrecks wouldn't like the amount of plastic on this cake.

I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the maaaaaaaap!

Go Diego Go!

I think I want to paint a room in these colours.
There was stuff we wanted to do that didn't materialize like making vines to hang in the tent (couldn't find green streamers) and stuff that we did that doesn't photograph (rain forest music).  I did not make a pinata this year, instead we cut and pasted on to a dollar store one.  I used a box mix for the cake and made chocolate ganache frosting for it. 

All in all it was a cheap and easy party.  Stay tuned for the rest of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment