Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Truffles; No Pigs Required

When I need something splashy for a party I make truffles.  I admit, these are not "proper" truffles but a cheater version.  They are fabulously decadent and unless you are a major chocoholic, one really is enough.

I've rolled mine in toasted coconut, cocoa powder, powdered sugar and candy sprinkles.  My favourite way to make them is dipped in candy melts.  Sea salt would be nice too.



Cheater Truffles

1 8oz package cream cheese
3 cups icing sugar
3 cups chocolate chips (I love the PC Decadent chips)
1 1/2 teaspoons of flavouring (orange, vanilla, raspberry, mint, go crazy)

Beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer.  If you leave it out for a while at room temp or nuke it for about 30 seconds in the microwave, it'll be easier to mix.  Once it's smooth start beating in the sugar.

Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over boiling water.  If you are using the microwave be careful not to overheat or your chocolate will go all grainy.  Mix in the chocolate and add your flavouring.

Chill your truffle mix in the fridge.  Once it's hardened a bit, pull it out and start rolling into balls.  You may have to stop and rechill as the chocolate warms up.

Once your balls are made roll them or dip them into whatever topping you want and voila, truffles!  Store them in the fridge or freezer.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good gains.
    If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!


    Also visit my web-site - nummerupplysningen.se

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ιf yοu wаnt tο get а
    gгeаt deal frοm thiѕ ρaragrаph then you
    havе to apply theѕe techniqueѕ tо your won weblog.


    Feel free to surf to my blοg ... nummerupplysningen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats up very nice blog!! Man .. Excellent .
    . Wonderful .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also? I'm glad to search
    out a lot of helpful info right here in the put up,
    we want work out extra strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .

    Take a look at my web site nummerupplysningen (http://charmain08.jigsy.com/entries/general/how-a-reverse-phone-number-lookup-works)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to all, the contents present at this web site are in fact
    remarkable for people experience, well, keep up the good
    work fellows.

    My web page :: jackpot 6000 Jackpot 6000 []

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
    Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

    Check out my site ... jackpot 6000

    ReplyDelete