Thursday, April 14, 2011

We're Separating

Cream from milk that is.


This is our manual cream separator.   Here's some tips on getting it to work well;

  • It has to be level or it won't work.  
  • Clamp it to something as it's a bit slippy.  
  • Running hot water through it beforehand warms up the machine and eases the separation.
  • Crank it to full speed for pouring in the milk.
Our first attempt didn't go well at all as Limey didn't follow the above recommendations.  Plus he didn't put it together correctly.  We ended with 2T of cream on the first go.  This time 3 liters were run through and we got about 3/4 of a liter of cream.

Now should I have a go at making butter?

6 comments:

  1. I guess I should have mentioned that. It had just been pasteurized so it was warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAHAAA U CAN GET ALMOST ANYTHING FROM EBAY...I SHOULD KNOW I SELL JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ON THERE:) YOUR CREAMER IS A GREAT DEVICE SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen one of these! I'll have to keep an eye out for one.

    ReplyDelete