Sunday, May 22, 2011

Groundbreaking

Limey's finally breaking ground on the garden.  What a pain in the ass this soil is.  It took all day to get one 2x100' path  dug out.  He hasn't smoothed the actual 4' wide bed yet.  It's so clumpy I can't see how anything is going to get planted in it.


Nice and straight.
He also planted our 4 apricots and 2 pears.

Lining the driveway.

And of course it's a jungle in the hoophouse.

Lettuce, tomatoes, eggplant, radishes, kale, chard, mustard, peppers, artichokes...phew!
I'm hoping to get 400 potatoes and 600 onions/shallots in the first row.  I can't believe it's almost June and I'm just planting potatoes now.  I've always planted them in April!

4 comments:

  1. Yup. ikwym. I have nothing planted yet and it doesn't look like I'll be planting anytime soon. You soil looks nice and dry compared to mine. Hubby got stuck with the tractor today. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking awesome...So weird, we are harvesting here and you are just planting...What a crazy season it has been.

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about being late this year. Take the time to get your garden right the first year and you will have many years of great gardens.
    andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have another 7 days of rain in the forecast. I'm wondering if I should plant my potatoes or not?

    ReplyDelete