Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kneading Some Dough

We seem to be renewing viruses every couple of weeks because just as we're starting to feel better, someone gets hit with another cold/flu/whatever.

With the kids sick again today and the weather continuing to be horrible, I thought I'd be nice and let them play with their Playdoh.  We pulled out the bin only to discover that the dough hadn't been put away properly and was all dried up.  As our vehicle is at the shop being fixed (again) and we are broke from paying for repairs I couldn't run out to buy new doh so I decided to make some.


All you need for playdough is

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons oil

Mix all the ingredients together in a pot and heat on low. Stir until it forms a ball that pulls away from the pot. It shouldn't be sticky when it's done. Cool and knead until smooth. Knead in food colouring.

You can tell by the streaks, that I got a bit bored with the process by the third colour.  The kids liked it and soon mixed it all into one large multicoloured lump.

1 comment:

  1. Homemade play dough is always fun...I used to make it for my eldest, now I am just too lazy...lol.

    As for the sickness...I hope you all feel better and STAY better soon...I know this time of year our allergies just drive me insane, as one thing stops flowering and set us off, the next one starts.

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete