Monday, May 2, 2011

No Scowling Today

Every now and then I dig out my needles and try to teach myself how to knit.  My aunt tried to teach me once when I was a teen but she claimed it was impossible because I'm a lefty. 

When I was pregnant the last time around, I had another go at it.  Between the Stitch 'n Bitch book and some YouTube videos I finally managed to learn something.  I was excited, I bought yarn and made plans to knit blankets and socks.   Unfortunately my aspirations to be an expert knitter was not to be.   After about 5-10 minutes into a project I would develop a migraine.  I kept at if for a while but eventually it started to drive me a little crazy and I put my project away.  Hoping it was just a pregnancy thing, I dug my knitting out the other day and managed to finish the ball of yarn.  I took off the finished rectangle and asked the age old question "what is it?"

A shawl of course!

Um, yeah a shawl, that's what I meant it to be.


I added some buttons and gave it to dd2.  The lovely thing about this yarn is that for the most part you can't see all the mistakes I made!  There are some unsightly holes but hey, we can't all be perfect. 

The best part was how pleased my daughter was with her present.  She was so happy that she got all goofy and posed for pictures without scowling!  No furrowed brow in sight.

1 comment: