Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Luau/Tiki Music

As much as I like popular music it's fun to keep on theme for a theme party.  For our tiki/luau party I've been compiling a list of Hawaiian and beachy tunes.

Here's what I have so far. 

  • "My Girl" Temptations
  • "This Magic Moment" Drifters
  • "Under the Boardwalk" Drifters
  • "Escape" Rupert Holmes
  • "Hawaiian Sunset" Elvis
  • "Blue Hawaii" Elvis
  • "Ku-U-I-Po" Elvis
  • "Rock-A-Hula Baby" Elvis
  • "Almost Always True" Elvis
  • "Moonlight Swim" Elvis
  • "Ito Eats" Elvis
  • "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay" Drifters
  • "I've Got Sand in My Shoes" Drifters
  • "Coconut" Harry Nilsson
  • "Grapefruit Juicy Fruit" Jimmy Buffett
  • "Margaritaville" Jimmy Buffett
  • "Volcano" Jimmy Buffett
  • "Day-O" Harry Belafonte
  • "Kokomo" Beach Boys
  • "Good Vibrations" Beach Boys
  • "Help Me Rhonda" Beach Boys
  • "I Get Around" Beach Boys
  • "Fun, Fun, Fun" Beach Boys
  • "Surfer Girl" Beach Boys
  • "If You Want to be Happy" Jimmy Soul
  • "Summertime Blues" Eddie Cochran
  • "Up on the Roof" Kenny Lynch
  • "Summer Holiday" Cliff Richards
  • "Wipe Out" The Surfaris
  • "Sea of Love" Del Shannon
  • "Surf City" Jan and Dean
  • "Feelin Groovy" Harpers Bizarre
  • "Groovin" The Young Rascals
  • "Sugar Sugar" Archies
  • "Don't Worry Be Happy" Bobby McFerrin
  • "Oh I Love You So" Preston Smith
  • "Na Ka Pueo" Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
  • "Lei Hinahina" Keali'i Reichel
  • "Kaleohano" Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
I'm still looking for stuff by Don Tiki and Don Ho.  Beach themed movies like "Blue Hawaii", "Cocktail" and "Gidget Goes Hawaiian" are good for inspiration. 

If you have any suggestions for my playlist, leave them in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. club tropicana - wham
    Hot Hot Hot by Buster Poindexter
    Grease - Summer Nights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing Queen by Abba
    Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen
    Let's Dance by David Bowie
    .. can you tell I think there should be dance music?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The enchanted tiki room song.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tiki_Tiki_Tiki_Room

    ReplyDelete