Sunday, June 12, 2011

Partay!

I started planning my tiki/luau party yesterday.  I usually send paper invites for my parties but this year I'm using Evite.  I emailed the first batch of invites last night.

Here's a peek at how it looks.  Pretty cute I think.


I spent most of the evening searching for songs to play during the party.  My favourite so far?  Coconut by Harry Nilsson.  How have I never heard this song before?!  It's awesome.  Here's Kermit the Frog's version.



We were going to do a pit roast pig but for financial/time reasons it's not going to happen this year.  Instead I'll make up some heritage ham and something goat related, curry maybe.  The food is going to have a Polynesian theme so that'll be interesting. 

I've also been brainstorming games for the party.  I want to have a bunch of little contests like hula hooping, limbo, best costume etc. 

I'm so excited.  I've always wanted to throw a big outdoor bash but our previous backyard wasn't particularly accessible.

If anyone can point me in the direction of stores that sell luau/tiki party supplies please let me know.  The dollar store in Greenwood doesn't have much and the shipping from Oriental Trading is just way too much.   I need a little bit of decor and lots of prizes!

2 comments:

  1. OMG this is perfect, my husband just announced to some friends over the weekend that we are going to have a pig roast pit party and everyone is invited. I have no time to plan a party, I don't even know how to put together music let alone figure out what to play it on. I don't own an ipod. So you just lay it out for me step by step and I will steal all your wonderful ideals, research, work. But keep it simple... and low budget, lol

    ReplyDelete