Friday, June 10, 2011

Progress in the Herb Garden

While Limey planted pumpkins and corn yesterday, I continued toiling in the herb garden.




There was a ton of broken down hay in the goat paddock leftover from winter. I moved a bunch of it to the herb garden to lay in the paths. It's pretty thick so it should block the weeds. I added a third bed and replaced some of the failed herbs in the other two.


I still need to find some chives and dill to plant as mine are nowhere to be seen.


I finally got around to planting the ailing shrubs that I bought ages ago.  They had been burnt in the greenhouse and had been sitting around neglected far too long.  Limey weedwacked the mess that was against the house so I could plant them there.

He left one shrub for me to identify.  It's thorny so maybe a rose?  


I have quite a few different herbs planted now.  Still,  I'll be needing to place another order in at Richters to fill in the rest of the beds.  

What's growing in your garden today?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been super busy...I am jealous...It is too hot to be outside at the moment or to play with my garden.

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jen! i have chives for you! i just dug up a huge bundle and threw them into the woods hoping they would spread... but i will pot some up and bring them down this weekend :) they grow like crazy and are so yummy in so many things!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I'll be here all day all weekend. You have to come see these geese, they are huge. Do you still want some muscovys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that shrub does look like a rose bush you will need to take a picture if and when it blooms.. i have tons of them around my country home.. we're striving to do what you are doing as well..

    crystal

    ReplyDelete