Monday, June 27, 2011

Take Off

The garden is finally taking off.  It is sooo late in the season but better late than never I guess.  Have I made that statement before?

Peas, Onions, Potatoes

Peas, Beans, Root Veg
Buckwheat!


All but 4 beds planted.

Anyone want a satellite dish?

The front of the house is my next project.  We have to leave a footpath to the front door and a wider path so a vehicle can get to the septic tank.   The rest of the space will be raised beds.  These ones I'm going to make lasagna style by putting paper or cardboard over the grass and layering biodegradable materials on top such as manure and leaves.  By next spring it should be ready to plant.

Anyone want a massive old lilac?  Bring a backhoe and it's yours.

Barn Hop

2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! And I'd love a massive old lilac but I have a feeling we're a bit too far away. ;-)

    ReplyDelete