Friday, July 8, 2011

PB and Cream

Limey requested, ever so nicely, that I make peanut butter ice cream tonight.  I was a little "meh" at the thought, but whatever floats his boat I guess.  I made the ice cream, had a little sample and now I'm reconsidering allowing him to eat it.

Good camera is still at the shop.
I'm not a big peanut butter fan but this stuff is fabulous.  When I sent Limey an email suggesting that there might not be any left when he gets off work, I received a very unpleasant reply.  I responded saying that I made the stuff so I should get to eat it (all).  He replied saying that it was HIS idea so he should get to eat it. 

Here's the recipe that has set off a bitter feud in our house. 

2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
pinch salt
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix it all together and pour into your ice cream maker.  Turn the machine on and when it's done you'll be locking yourself in the bathroom so that you can eat the entire bowl yourself.  It won't be in peace though because the rest of the household will be trying to break in while yelling at you not to be so damn selfish.

You've been forewarned.

3 comments:

  1. If there is no ice cream left when I get home, I will set all the pigs free in to the wild beyond... no bacon for you! Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine from Zellers for under $40.

    ReplyDelete