Monday, July 11, 2011

A Reprieve

There were three large maples lining the driveway.   I'm not particularly fond of maples and they were blocking the sun over our garden.  For these reasons we decided to do away with them.  Limey cut the first two down and then moved on to more pressing matters. 

Since then, the kids and I have spent a bit of time laying around under the remaining tree.  It's been horribly hot lately and the maple provides us with the only decent shade on the property.




Needless to say, I've granted the tree a temporary reprieve.  I'll rethink it's status when the fruit trees have filled in.

Speaking of fruit trees, Limey brought home 15 of them from Canadian Tire.  They are 5 year old trees, half price for $15.  Score!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to make a trip to Canadian Tire! We have a few apple trees that the previous owner planted but that's it. I'd like some plum trees myself.

    ReplyDelete