Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wood Work

The weather hasn't been too bad this month. It's definitely cooler than it was last year but in comparison to Northern Ontario, it's been quite warm. The temps have fallen to zero only a handful of times. We have had a couple of fires just for fun not because of the temp in the house.

For the past couple of days we've been cutting, splitting and stacking wood. We have some maple from the trees out front and we've bought the rest from a friend. I know it's a little late to be cutting wet wood but better late than never, I guess.

One of many piles to be split.

Drying out in the barn.
Since Limey is working most of the time, he just brings me a load of wood and cuts it to size.  I do all the splitting and stacking.  So far I've cut my finger twice on the splitter,I have bruises all over my right knee and my sciatica pain is running on overtime.  But hey, at least we'll have cozy wood heat, right?

3 comments:

  1. Nice looking wood there! We are still putting ours in as it got rained on last week! I don't remember an October that was as wet as this,nor as warm.I love wood heat,nothing like it on a stormy,snowy,cold winters' night:)Bring it on!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stacked wood! Sorry about the cuts, bumps, and bruises. It will be worth it when the cold wind blows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's blowing today. My bbq just went flying across the yard.

    ReplyDelete