Monday, February 27, 2012

Argh Pirates

A couple of months ago the kids crashed someone's pirate birthday party at the bowling alley.  When they came home with their pirate booty, dd2 declared that she wanted a pirate party too.

Since then I've been formulating my plan for her April Birthday.  They have one of those little slide/stair toys like this;




I'm going to turn it into a pirate ship using a cardboard box, some rope and a sheet.  They already have a pirate flag to put on top.  If the weather warms up in time I'm going to make a treasure map that leads to the sandbox where they can dig up treasure.  I bought a little faux aged treasure chest from Dollarama that I'll fill with chocolate coins.  I'll probably stuff the map into a bottle.

Pirate balloons from Ebay.

Tattoos from Ebay

Costumes will be made from whatever we have laying around the house.  I'm going to make the paper swords as instructed here.  I printed out this banner and will decorate with some skulls leftover from Halloween.  I'll probably make a piƱata and make the kids walk a plank.  I think watching Pirates of the Caribbean is pretty much a given.

For food I'll make fish and chips for the main and lemon curd filled cupcakes for dessert.  The cupcakes will be decorated like this. I bought red and white striped cupcake liners and black and white striped candles.  Ginger ale in beer mugs should fit the theme as well.

If you have any other ideas for me put them in the comments.

Ships ahoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment