Friday, March 16, 2012

A Different Kind of Taco

Every time I plan to make fish tacos, I chicken out and make something else. I finally convinced myself to attempt it and I'm glad I did. These tacos were sooo good. I always struggle to find fish recipes that we all like so it was nice to have this one go over so well.


Fish Tacos

Fish

white fish of choice (I think this was cod)
cornstarch
fat for frying

Toppings

sliced avocado
diced tomatoes
chopped lettuce
cilantro
sea salt

tortillas

Sauce

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
lime juice

For the fish, I just cut the fish into bite sized pieces, then dip in cornstarch and fry in a cast iron pan until cooked.

For the sauce, mix the first 4 ingredients together and then add enough lime juice to make it into a dressing type consistency.

Fill your tortilla with fish and veg, sprinkle with sea salt and top with sauce. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. What's up mates, its wonderful article about cultureand entirely explained, keep it up all the time.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... Traveling

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up friends, its great post on the topic of educationand fully defined, keep it up all the time.

    My web site: Vietnam Tours

    ReplyDelete