Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fudgy Goodness

One of the words for this week's scavenger hunt is chocolate.  I made a chocolate dessert that required a ganache filling.  I had lots left over so the ganache went into the fridge to thicken while I made brownies to pair it with.

I've been using the same brownie recipe forever.  It's dense and fudgy and perfect. It's basic and you can add whatever you want to pretty up.  I don't add anything but frosting.  This time I used the ganache and I don't think I'll go back to regular frosting again.


Brownies

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix the wet ingredients together.  Sift the dry ingredients together.  Add the dry to the wet until well incorporated.

Grease a small square baking dish.  I think mine is about 9".  Pour in brownie mix and bake until a knife poked in the middle comes out clean, which is around 35 minutes.

Cool and frost.

For ganache, you heat 8 oz heavy cream until boiling and then pour it over 9 oz of chopped up chocolate or chocolate chips.  For spreadable ganache you have let it cool in the fridge for a bit.

It's a fast, easy recipe that you can whip up anytime you have a chocolate craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment