Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Pretty Egg and a Midweek Update

My lone easter egger hen finally laid an egg today.  Hopefully the rest of the hens in the coop will get the hint.


It's been a busy week full of tax filing and curriculum writing.  Limey's also got me back on to writing my novel.  The last time I worked on it was over 2 years ago.

The weather has turned yucky again.  It's back to cold and snow.  We did manage to plant half of the greenhouse with some cold season stuff like lettuce and cabbage.  This year will be light on animals and heavy on produce.  I think Limey nearly had a heart attack when he saw how much we spent on feed last year.  Seeds and dirt are much easier on the wallet!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that it's such a pretty blue. Our lone EE Aphrodite lays a light brown egg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty,is it fertile? Hatch some:) We did the tax thing last week,we are also cutting back,it's just nuts what you have to put out on feed and so little coming in now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me about it! We spent about 1400$ in feed last year. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had to compromise with hubby i get to add a new type of animal a year to our "farm" chickens were last year and this year is rabbits.. mind you i am adding more chickens..but hey their free .. and i need them to take over for when the dirty dozen*my hens* start molting

    ReplyDelete