Wednesday, March 14, 2012

That Was Unexpected

I have really bad eyesight. My prescription is at least 10 years old so I can't always trust what I see. So when the kids were running ahead of us on the trail behind our property and I thought I saw a rock move, I assumed I was seeing things.


At this point I stopped and said, "Limey, is that a rock or an animal?"  We both squinted for awhile and when dd2 suddenly stopped within a couple of feet of it, I yelled at her to back away.



We had to walk right next to the porcupine to continue down the path.  I was pretty close when I took this photo.


After we passed, it turned around and moved very slowly away.  The porcupine was definitely the highlight of our day.

6 comments:

  1. So cute. Looks like the flash made him blink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He kept his eyes closed the entire time we were there, even when he was scuffling away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a kid. "If I can't see you, you can't see me."

      Delete
  3. wow awesome...we saw a monkey the other day..it was in the middle of a quiet country lane..it stood up looked at our car coming and ran into the woods...up a tree..thats the first one i ever saw in florida !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! He is so sweet! I love seeing animals in nature and not in cages at a zoo. The coolest thing I ever saw was on a trip to Bridgewater on the #10 Highway just past Albany, a bear saundered across the road right in front of us. It was so awesome! i love your pictures. Keep them coming!

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sue!

    We used to see moose and deer all the time back in Ontario. When we went camping a couple of years ago we got a really close shot of a bear. The pic is on the blog here;

    http://littlehomesteadinthevalley.blogspot.com/2009/08/he-was-so-close.html

    ReplyDelete