Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Weird Story and a Funny Story

Story #1-When Limey drives home from his construction job in Halifax he calls me from his cell and we chat until he gets home.  Today he was on the highway about 15 minutes away when he paused and then said in a shocked voice "did you hear that?!"  I said no and then he was cut out by the weirdest thing I've ever heard in my life.  I've heard interference on radios, on my phone, I've even picked up another person's conversation but I have never heard the noise that came up on the phone tonight.  It was loud and clear and alien.  Laugh all you want, but it was all bleep, bloop and weird twisty space noises and just...ugh I can't even describe it.  It was just utterly bizarre.

I was kind of shocked and listened for a bit, Limey was no longer audible on the line, but after a while I just felt completely freaked out by it and hung up.  I immediately redialed him and when he came on the line he was just as shaken.  He had been listening intently to it before I cut the line off and claims that it sounded like (omg I'm laughing now) language and that there was heavy breathing in between the noises.  We can't come up with a reasonable explanation other than it was a prank but is that even possible, technically?

Weird right?

Story #2-Later this evening we were driving back from the grocery store when dd2 who is 4 years old and whom we still have trouble understanding sometimes says "I have m_______s in my noise."  We asked her to repeat herself several times but couldn't figure out what she was saying.  Some of the guesses by the other occupants in the car were; monkeys, mongooses, marbles, snot, nostrils, adenoids, hair etc.

She was getting increasingly frustrated with our inability to understand when Limey blurts out "molecules".  Dd2 affirms "yes! I have molecules in my noise" and we all start laughing hysterically.  Apparently she learned this from Magic School Bus.  Limey was laughing so hard that he had to pull over.

Another day in the life,  I tell ya.


5 comments:

  1. Awww!!! I love kids talking stories!!!

    We still call cow manure... "cow manuvers" ...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, you were all abducted by aliens and just don't remember ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol there was no time loss! I'm still waiting to be visited by men in black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o562/canadiancreations/index.jpg

      Delete
    2. Ha! Leon heard it again while talking on the phone with his brother. Same spot.

      Delete