Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The New Floor

The past couple of days have been spent tearing out and replacing all the floor in the dining room, living room and hallway to the upstairs.  We only managed to pull up one 2 layers, the floor and 1 layer of subfloor, there's still a couple of layers under there.


The old living room laminate.

The only time it ever looked this good.
I've always hated the living room floor.  Whoever installed the laminate, did it on a floor that had a huge slope to it.  If you don't level the floor, you get bouncy laminate.  Plus it was orangey, which makes for horrible yellowish interior photos.

The breaking point for me was the dining room floor.  It looked so good when we first installed it but it was short lived.  We tried two different finishes on it. They would wear off pretty much instantly and we'd be left with a rough floor that was constantly coated in grime.  I was mopping every day and it still looked like shit.  

Last week, I called Limey and told him to bring home some flooring or I was going to go completely crazy.  I hate mopping, it's soul sucking.   



It took forever to level the subfloor but it was worth it for a bounce-free floor.  The new floor is fabulous.  The colour is perfect. 



The next pic is an early evening shot with no flash.  I would never have been able to get such a cleanly coloured, bright shot with the old floor.


Now I'm going to go look for that leftover can of blue from the dining room and repaint the living room walls.

9 comments:

  1. Love the new floor.
    Totally worth it.
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new floor looks wonderful. Job well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's so nice to wake up to an easy to clean floor every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new floor is absolutely stunning. The color of the floor matches the wall and furniture, and the combination does give the area a sense of uniformity. Well done! Congrats on your new floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kathy! It's funny, I've been on this brown kick for since 2001 and have recently contemplated ditching all the brown in this room and switching out to grey. Now that the grey floor is in, I think it looks fab with the brown. I'm going to keep the loveseat and the sofa for a couple of nice chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tablet аnd a laptoρ come together at httр:
    //www.squidoo.com/samsung-ativ-ѕmart-pc-ρгo-700t-review
    My blog post :: Weight Loss: Privacy Policy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for finally talking about > "The New Floor" < Loved it!
    cleaning hardwood floors

    Feel free to surf to my webpage: installing hardwood floors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!

    Feel free to visit my web site ... make electronic components pack 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Look at my web page ... circuit board repair pen

    ReplyDelete