Thursday, October 11, 2012

No Cake, How About Pudding?

Somehow I managed to get all the way to October before realizing that I had not made Christmas fruitcake in August when I was supposed to.  Fortunately Stir Up Sunday isn't until November, so I still have plenty of time to make a Christmas pudding.

I took advantage of our side trip to Lunenburg last weekend to pop into a kitchen store to buy this;



Basically, the pudding mix goes into this and the whole thing goes on a rack in a pot of water to steam.

I've never made or tasted Christmas pudding before so this will be interesting.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Know any great recipes?  Have you ever tried an English pudding?

3 comments:

  1. My mom made plum pudding when we were growing up and I think she steamed it like that. I haven't had it since I was a kid. I don't know why. But I have to ask about Stir Up Sunday ? I have never heard that one. You will have to explain it to me.
    Oh! I love that tin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has religious origins but seems to be more commonly known as the day to make your Christmas pudding.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stir-up_Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! o.k. I understand now. I never heard that before. Thanks for the explanation. I will remember that.

      Delete