Saturday, October 27, 2012

Window Shopping

Obviously I'm in a decorating state of mind.  Desperate for pretties, I've started looking at American retailers to get my fix.  Here's a compilation of my favourites.


How exquisite is that steamer trunk?  I would weep with happiness if it miraculously appeared in my living room.   I'd sell my left toe for it.

I've been looking at the shopping prospects in Halifax.  It seems like most of the shopping is in big-box stores.  The two trendy places, Attica and Statement Design likely have lots of stuff that I'd like but the rumoured price range made me choke on my fried chicken.


2 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for a very short while and I really like it. So when Prince Charming and I decided that we were going to be moving to the Annapolis Valley next year, I decided to go back through your blog and read some posts about your adventures in your move there. I really enjoyed it. I noticed so many things about our personalities that are the same. I am just in the beginning stages of planning our move as it is at least 8 months away. But I am a planner and like to organize and plan as much as I can in advance. I would love to hear any ideas, tips, or advice you would have for someone like me who is planning a move to the Annapolis Valley. I am a homeschooler and I am planning on trying to plant a garden and teach myself how to grow veggies and things. (nowhere near as elaborate as yours has been). I love the idea of living in a more rurla area out of the city but somewhere where this a town nearby for conveniences. I love the idea of being able to get some things directly from the farmers and being able to stock up my pantry for the winter months.

    Sorry this got rather long, but I have been enjoying your blog and have been dreaming of the day 8 or 9 months from now (depending on when Prince Charming finishes his course) when I can move out that way. I haven't figured out which town yet and I know I will be renting. I also know that there is a good chance I will be spending quite a bit of time alone with the kids as Prince Charming is probably going to be going away to work.

    I would love to hear your thoughts. My email is aftertheglassslipper@hotmail.com or my blog is:http://tc-twistedfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete