Friday, November 2, 2012

Some More Bling

I don't know why we buy houses that are in need of major renovations.  One of my stressors is clutter and houses in need of major renovations!  The longer it takes for things to get moving, the more stressed out I get.

So it's no wonder that this little project of redecorating my living room is making me giddy with happiness.  Just imagine what I'll be like when we finally reno the kitchen!

After the previous addition of a table and lamps I noticed how out of place our ceiling light looked.  If anyone wants it, it's this one from Canadian Tire.  It's 2 years old.  I didn't say anything because I felt guilty enough for the currently purchases.  Fortunately, Limey was sitting on the sofa the other night and stared up at the light and pointed out that we really should change it out for something lighter.  Validation!

Canadian Tire had this cute mini chandelier for $50.  It was the only one left on the shelf.  Limey put it up for now but we need to pick up a ceiling medallion  because it doesn't quite fit the hole in the ceiling.




I also moved the furniture around again.  Here it is now with the chandelier.


What is with the crooked pillow?




Who wants to come sit on my sofa?

6 comments:

  1. Oh! I love that chandelier. Your room is coming together so nicely. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol. Isn't it cute? It takes a single bulb and casts such a nice light on the room. Limey think it looks Christmassy, which is fine with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Like a show room!
    -Phebe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Phebe! I can't wait to get some art in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jen. I love your colors. I have the same colors in mind for a long overdue renovation of my living room. I am toying with the idea of putting a mural up covering one whole wall, likely the wall where the sofa will rest. I have a passion for clock faces so I am thinking of an image of a vintage face. I've attached a few examples as I am in the process of identifying the "perfect" image. So far I've narrowed it down to 24 images! You'll see I played around with the image of your couch to see just how the wall may look once furnished. Tell me if you think I'm crazy...

    Your sofa and patterned chair are exactly what I had in mind.Can you tell me where you purchased them? I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pics look great. I love the idea! I got the furniture from a local place called Hampton House. The furniture is Canadian made from http://www.decor-rest.com/. You can pick out whatever fabric you want.

    ReplyDelete