Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Pud

Well that was surprisingly easy.  Yesterday was Stir Up Sunday so I made a Christmas pudding.  It didn't take long to mix together and after that it just had to steam for six hours.  The hardest part is waiting until Christmas to eat it.

I used this recipe.  My only changes were to the fruit.  I switched out the light raisins for dried blueberries because that's what I had on hand.

Kosher salt, sugar, eggs, marmalade, bread, mace, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond extract, dark rum, butter, dried fruit.

Mix the dry ingredients.

Mix the sugar with the wet.

Mix the wet and the dry.

Pack into your pudding mould. Cover with parchment and secure lid.

Steam for six hours.  Store in mould for at least a month.
 It smells so good.  Dd1 keeps bugging me for a piece.  I can't wait to set it on fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment