Monday, January 14, 2013

A Taste of Summer

Back at the end of July we went to a local u-pick and spent the morning picking blueberries.  I canned some as jam and the rest went into the freezer.

Today I pulled out a bag of those summer blues and dumped them in to the batter I made.

A bit of heat later and they turned into these;



I don't think I'll be making plain waffles again.  These were so good.  I used Mark Bittman's Everyday Buttermilk waffle recipe and just tossed in a cup of blueberries at the end.  It was a quick and easy hot breakfast.


4 comments:

  1. Jen, you are making my mouth water they look so good! I love blueberries too. My husband and I were saying the other night that we haven't had waffles or pancakes for awhile. Now I am really craving them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce! I have been sifting through your blog after doing a search on homeschoolers in the Annapolis Valley (specifically Bridgetown area). We have recently sold our house and are considering moving to that area of NS. We currently live on PEI.

    Your blog is refreshing, and brings me back to when my oldest children were younger.Good memories. Love all your photos, too.

    I look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jo. There are a couple of homeschoolers in Bridgetown, most of whom are secular. There's a couple of religious groups in the Greenwood area but most of the homeschoolers are around Halifax. If I had to do it again, I'd probably move closer to Halifax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were soooo good. I made a big batch so we have enough batter to have them for lunch today. I'm surprised at how easy waffles are to make. Pleasantly surprised because I don't like pancakes.

    ReplyDelete