Sunday, January 6, 2013

Boxing Day

I don't think I've ever done Boxing Day shopping before.  Everywhere we've lived had bylaws preventing stores from opening on the 26th.  Nothing was open here in Nova Scotia this year but online stores never close.  This year I made my first boxing day purchase.

It's a telephoto lens.  It's not a high quality lens by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm only a hobbyist so I can get away with being cheap.  Ever since I took that slightly fuzzy shot of that porcupine last year, I've been wanting a telephoto lens.  Looking at bird photos from the Nova Scotia Bird Society made me want one even more.

So come spring when I break from winter hibernation, I'll be adorning my garden with bird houses and bird feeders and overwhelming the blog with bird photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment