Wednesday, February 6, 2013

52 Books in 52 Weeks- Week 6

I can't believe it's week 6.  Time is flying by.


If you haven't already, check out the official 52 Books in 52 Weeks site and join in the fun.

Here's my list so far.

Read To Date

The Eyre Affair
Deconstructing Penguins
The Handmaid's Tale
Deathly Hallows
Howl's Moving Castle
The Friday Society
Bossypants
The Year of Learning Dangerously
Mass Effect-Revelation

In Progress

The Epic of Gilgamesh
Jane Eyre
Sassafrass Science Adventures
The Demon Haunted World


I only finished one book this week; Mass Effect-Revelation.  It was pretty good for a novel based on a video game.  I'm not entirely surprised as most of the game is story via dialogue with a little bit of fighting thrown in.  The book was a prequel and gave some nice back story about the game's universe.  It's a standalone novel, you don't need to play the games first to understand it.   The book is about an Alliance lieutenant who is trying to unravel the mystery of an attack on a top secret Alliance base.  Not as much space opera as I'd like but it was still a fun read. 



I only finished one book because I've been finishing up Mass Effect 3, the video game.  It might as well count as a book though, considering all the dialogue I read through.  Mass Effect has officially bumped Final Fantasy 8 as my favourite game of all time.  I nearly cried near the end when my female Shepard said her goodbyes to her crew before going on what was likely to be her final mission.  It was so good.  I hear they are making a movie based on the first game.  In my opinion it would make a better tv series.  More time for all the character stuff.  

Anyway, I'm trying to slog through Jane Eyre this week.  It's not really my kind of book but I like enough to try to finish it.  It's hard.  


No comments:

Post a Comment